Our Foundational Statements
Portsmouth Christian Academy has continued to stay true to its humble roots over our 40-year existence. Our original founders, Peter and Bettie Miller, wanted to create a school where students could receive an excellent education that centered around the Christian faith. Today, even with growing enrollment and expansion, we continue to hold fast to our original mission to see out our vision.
Portsmouth Christian Academy seeks to honor God, joyfully, by inspiring students to maximize their God-given potential.
Portsmouth Christian Academy will send out Christ-centered graduates who impact the world for good.
Biblical Integrity, Curiosity, Christ Centeredness, Compassionate Community, Excellence, Joy and Humility.
Statement of Faith
As a non-denominational school, Portsmouth Christian Academy does not discourage or discriminate against the doctrines or members of any denomination that embraces our Statement of Faith. Our school is structured on the teachings of Christ and not on the doctrines of any particular denomination of Christianity.
Each member of the Board of Directors and each member of the staff of Portsmouth Christian Academy, having accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior, shall subscribe annually in writing to the following Statement of Faith:
- I believe the Bible is the Spirit-inspired and wholly authoritative Word of God. (II Tim 3:16)
- I believe that there is one God who is eternally existent in the three persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I Jn 5:4-7)
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary death on the cross, in His shed blood for the remission of sin, in His bodily resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Jn 10:30, Lk 1:34,35, Heb 7:26, Acts 2:22, II Cor 5:21, I Jn 1:7, I Cor 15:4, Acts 2:33, Lk 21:27)
- I believe that God created the heavens and the earth, light and darkness, the sky and waters, the sea and land, vegetation according to its various kinds, the day and night, the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, the creatures of the earth according to their kinds, and man in His image. (Gen 1:1-27)
- I believe that man was created good and upright, and that by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God the Father. (Gen 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Rom 5:12-19)
- I believe that man’s salvation is received through repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ, shown by a life that is growing in holiness. (Lk 13:3; Rom 10:9; I Cor 7:1)
- I believe in leading a life that is sanctified by the power of the Holy Spirit where sanctification is the act of separation from that which is evil and being dedicated unto God. (Rom 8:13; 12:1-2)
- I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost. The saved will enter into the resurrection of life with the Father according to Christ’s work, and the lost into the resurrection of the damned according to their own works. (Jn 5:24, 28, 29)
- I believe in the spiritual unity of the Body of Christ, that includes all those that are trusting Christ for their salvation and leading a sanctified life. (Jn 17:21-23)