Here’s a schedule of the first week of school.
Monday, August 26
- First Day of School: New Upper School Students
- Students should arrive at the Upper School between 7:45 – 8 am and go directly to their period 1 class. Staff will be available to direct students to their classroom.
- Students are dismissed at 12:15 pm to attend the New Upper School Student Picnic on the soccer field.
- Students may bring their school supplies this day.
- Open House: Grades 1-8
- Open House is from 1:00 pm- 3:00 pm.
- Students do not need to wear dress code to Open House, but are encouraged to bring school supplies!
- New Parent Meetings:
- Lower School: 11:45 am, Multi-Purpose Room
- Upper School: 1:15 pm, Miller Room in Runey Hall
- New Family Luncheon: 12:30 pm, Multi-Purpose Room
Tuesday, August 27
- First Day of School: Grades 1-12
- ALL students should arrive between 7:55 am- 8:10 am. Upper School students report directly to Period 1.
- Students should be in dress code.
- Dismissal will be between 3:00-3:20 pm for Grades 1-5. Junior High and Upper School students will be dismissed at 3:20 pm.
- Before Care (7:00 am – 8:00 am) and After Care (3:20 am -5:45 am) begin for Grades 1-8.
- Open House: Preschool & Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Open House is from 9:00 – 10:00 am.
- Preschool Open House is from 9:00 – 10:15 am.
- Students do not need to be in dress code for Open House.
Wednesday, August 28
- First day of School: Preschool & Kindergarten
- In order to help familiarize the students with the arrival and dismissal procedures, Kindergarten students should arrive at 9 am and will be dismissed at 2:15 pm during the first day of school. After their first day of school, the Kindergarten students should arrive between 7:55- 8:05 am and will be dismissed between 3:00-3:20 pm.
- First day for PCAP (M,W,F students) 9am start time. Starting on Thursday, August 30, PCAP students should arrive between 8-8:20 am each morning.
- Kindergarten students should be in dress code.
- Before Care (7-8 am) and After Care (3:20-5:45 pm) will be available to students in Grades PCAP-8.
*Please Note: Campus will be closed for Labor Day weekend August 30-September 2. Classes resume on September 3.
Our summer hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9 AM – 1 PM. We’ll be closed the week of July 4th.
Yes! The Swap Shop at the Lower School is located downstairs near the Preschool wing. You can purchase gently used clothing for $3 per item, or you can swap items for free. During the summer, you can stop in to visit the Swap Shop on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9 AM – 1 PM. Please give your payment to the receptionist at the Lower School. If you’re donating or swapping, items should be clean, unstained, and in gently used condition. PCA approved uniform items can be dropped off at the Lower School receptionist.
PCA has arranged with several local restaurants to provide lunches to our students which parents may purchase on a quarterly basis throughout the school year. This provides an alternative to packing a lunch each day for your child.
Online lunch registration begins a couple weeks prior to each quarter and parents will be notified via email when registration is open. The deadline to order lunches for the 1st Quarter is August 19.
All Upper School tryouts start on Monday, August 19.
Boys Varsity Soccer – 3:30-5:30
Girls Varsity Soccer – 5:00-7:00
Boys/Girls Varsity Cross Country – 3:30-5:15
Girls JV and Varsity Volleyball – 5:30-7:30
All Junior High tryouts will be on Wednesday, August 28.
Cross Country – 3:30-4:45
Girls Soccer – 3:30-5:00
Boys Soccer – 3:30-5:00
Girls Volleyball – 3:30-5:00
Contact Derek Summers with questions.
Whenever you need to bring your child to school before the academic day begins, or if your meeting runs long and you can’t make it here for regular pickup, there is no need to worry. Our staff is here as early as 7:00 am each morning and stays as late as 5:45 pm each afternoon in order to provide you with a wide range of childcare options to fit your schedule. The first day of Before Care and After Care is Tuesday, August 27.
Our rate for Before Care and After Care is $6.75 per hour per child billed in 30-minute increments. There is no need to pre-register or sign up! If your child is not picked up by the last call, they will be escorted to the Multi-Purpose Room by our staff. Your school account will be charged at the end of our two-week billing cycles. There is a surcharge for any student picked up after 5:45 pm.
How does my Upper School Student obtain a parking pass and what are the requirements for senior privileges?
To obtain a parking pass for Upper School students, please print and submit this form.
Senior Privileges: Seniors must have documented service hours (50 for each year in attendance) in order to be eligible for open campus / senior lounge at the beginning of the senior year; in addition, all service hours must be completed by the end of quarter three of the senior year in order to maintain senior privileges. Seniors who have not completed their hours by such time will receive a letter from the Principal/College Counseling Office, noting how many hours are left to meet graduation requirements. Seniors who have not satisfied the service hour requirement will have their diplomas and transcripts withheld until the requirement is satisfied. Seniors who are eligible for Senior Privileges need to submit this contract.
Still Have Questions? We can help!
Who to Contact:
PCA Phone Number: 603.742.3617
Head of School Office, Shirley Tuten, ext 101
Lower School Office, Sue McKenney, ext 112
Upper School Office, Kim Cummings, ext 123
Business Office (Tuition and Billing), Allison Russell, ext. 107
Athletics, Derek Summers, ext. 110
Office of College Counseling, Colleen Geller, ext. 120
Student Health, see Student Health web page