Hands on classes in physics and science combined with English language instruction encourage students to experience learning, not just fact memorization. Off campus trips give the opportunity for participants to enjoy the natural beauty and healthy atmosphere of New England. These trips are also great opportunities to shop and try foods and local specialties.
Portsmouth Christian Academy is located on a beautiful 50 acre riverside campus in Dover, New Hampshire, a small suburb about 1 hour from Boston, MA. PCA is pleased to offer its New England Summer International Camp, two-week-long camp experiences for young people across the globe to participate in American style education, sports, and cultural immersion in a stunning setting. Mornings at International Camp include English, computer programming, biology, chemistry or physics labs, art, music, and robotics. Afternoons are filled with sports and outdoor games allowing participants to enjoy the healthy atmosphere of New England. Along with instruction in tennis, students play soccer, basketball, and various field games. In addition, off campus cultural immersion trips allow participants great opportunities to shop and try foods and local specialties while enjoying the area’s natural beauty.
Leadership is strengthened through academic knowledge and investigation. Our academically rigorous program offers:
- Hands on experiments in our state of the art science laboratories
- English language skills training that will build SAT test taking skills
- Robotics program using VEX components
- Classes in computer programming
By honing new skills or practicing current skills, students have the opportunity to excel in sports and develop leadership skills on and off the field with their peers.
- Tennis Lessons
- Soccer and basketball skills and games
- Ping-pong tournaments
- Field games
Art and music are learned skills which make a positive impact on brain function by increasing attention, improving memory, and influencing language skills. Here, you will have the opportunity to hone skills in music and visual art. Each day will include focused, creative, and fun activities in the fine arts. Past music classes have included ukulele, fiddle, and world drumming. Visual arts offerings have included 3-d art, cartooning and printmaking.
International Camp provides exciting opportunities every week to experience the rich cultural heritage of New England.
- Weekly visits to New England area beaches
- Shopping in local markets and downtown areas
- Field trips to historic and cultural centers in New England
- Peer-to-peer learning with all classes and Immersion Activities open to domestic students (both PCA and non-PCA students)
2018 Session Dates and Registration Deadline for Summer 2018
Session 1: June 18 – June 29
Sessions 2: July 2 – July 13
Session 3: July 16 – July 27
Registration deadline: April 2, 2018
- Each two week session requires a minimum of 8 students for it to run
- The pricing reflects a two week session; $925 per student for PCA’s program. If you would like the housing to be taken care of for you (we work with A Plus Global Education) that would be an additional $1,000 per student to A Plus.
Wondering what to bring? Supply List
Daily Schedule for New England Summer Experience 2018
If you have questions please contact Michaeleen Sicard.