Family-Friendly Summertime Fun 2022
May 19, 2022Better Together Blog
Family-friendly Summertime Fun 2022
As the 2022 school year is quickly coming to a close, the beautiful New England summer is inching its way in. We know that our community stems from over 50 towns, and some have recently moved to the area. Each year we like to provide our PCA families with resources for local summertime events and activities that span all age groups and include the entire family.
Eagle Camp & Kaleidoscope
First, right here at PCA, is our very own Eagle Camp and Kaleidoscope programs! We provide a mix of indoor and outdoor fun all summer long. While spots for preschool- 6th grade daily campers are rapidly filling up, there are still openings available. Contact email@example.com for more information or download our guidebook on the website. We also have a handful of openings in our week-long Kaleidoscope camps. These themed camps include paddle boarding, dollhouse camp, ceramics, soccer, disc golf, fiddle jam, volleyball, basketball, and STEAM camp.
New Hampshire Favorites
For off-campus activities, check out one of our favorite websites, the Seacoast Kids Calendar, which breaks down several daily events happening within the Seacoast area such as library story time, petting farms, or summer camps. Another favorite is the NH travel site with a variety of state-wide, family-friendly fun! Check out more local highlights below:
Entertaining learning opportunities:
- Head over to Strawberry Bank in Portsmouth, NH to explore colonial style homes and engage in the history of our seacoast.
- The Children’s Museum of New Hampshire is located only 10 minutes from PCA and is packed with creative and scientific hands-on activities.
- Seacoast Science Center, located at Ordiorne State Park, is a great way to spark interest in Marine science and learn about our local biomes.
- USS Albacore Museum, located outside of downtown Portsmouth and right off the highway from Kittery, ME, features a historical naval submarine.
- NH is also home to several family-owned farms where you can pick strawberries, blueberries, peaches and more!
- SEE Science Center in Manchester is great for a rainy day. From static electricity to Legos, this is a prime opportunity for hands-on and visual learning.
- As we all know, NH, ME, and MA are known for their beautiful coastlines. Dive into the water in at Rye beach, journey on the Marginal Way Walk in Ogunquit, or explore the historical landmark of Plymouth Rock.
- An excellent spot for families of all ages, the Pierce Island Pool in Portsmouth is open daily to both local and out-of-town groups.
- When heading up north, don’t forget to float down the Saco River. Stop at Saco River Tubing Center and rent tubes, kayaks, or canoes for the whole family!
- Great for younger children, Story Land and Santa’s Village, located in Northern New Hampshire, are top summer attractions. Canobie Lake Park in Salem is also live with excitement and don’t forget about Water Country, located right in Portsmouth.
- New Hampshire Magazine breaks down the farmer’s market itinerary for the summer of 2022. With locations all over the state and products including fresh produce, flowers, and crafts…there is a little bit for everybody.
- Take a trip to the White Mountains. Hike. Swim. Camp. Shop. Zip line. Explore the outdoors with the whole family.
This is just the start to a long list of New Hampshire’s summertime adventures…not to mention all that our neighboring states have to offer. After a school year of hard work, enjoy the beautiful summer months. We sure will be!