Wondering if the PCA library has the source you need for your paper? Alexandria has many useful new features, including the ability to search from both home and school, over the Internet.
Here’s how to do it:
- You will need Google Chrome or Firefox to search Alexandria effectively; Internet Explorer is too slow to load. Go to Google and you will see an option to download Chrome on the Google home page.
- Enter the following URL: https://portsmouthchristian.goalexandria.com/researcher
- You’re ready to search! Search using the icons provided (e.g. title, author, series, subject) or use the advanced search to provide more options. Note that many records now provide Lexile and Accelerated Reader information where available and more data will be added. You can see if a book is checked out by clicking on Copy Information. Note also that any item beginning with the call number H is found in the Upper School library; all others are found in the Lower School library. Students may borrow freely from either library – just ask library staff and we will get it for you.
- You can store and print a temporary list in the temp basket if you are searching for several items.
- Additional features such as “What’s New” and “What’s Popular” will be available as we use Alexandria throughout the fall.
- In the near future, you will also be given the information to allow you to log in and place holds on items from home or school.
- Remember that we may have the item you want even if you do not see it – perhaps it has not yet been cataloged. Please contact either the US Librarian or the LS Librarian. Again, just ask us for what you need and we will do our best to help you.